The Celtic Ross Hotel has 66 bedrooms that have been newly decorated and furnished for your comfort & enjoyment. Many of our bedrooms enjoy sea views over Rosscarbery Lagoon or Rosscarbery Bay. If you wish to be upgraded to a Seaview Room please make your request to our Reservations Team. Our superb beds and tranquil setting ensure that you will have a comfortable, restful sleep and awake refreshed to enjoy your time in West Cork.
To accommodate individual guest requirements we have family, disabled, and interconnecting rooms on offer as well as standard double, twin and triple rooms. Please speak to a member of our Reception Team who will ensure you have the right accommodation for your needs.
All rooms include as standard:
- Ensuite Bathroom; Wifi; Direct Dial Telephone; Tea/Coffee making facility; Room Service; Multichannel TV and Hair dryer.
- For your comfort all of our bedrooms are non-smoking.
- Breakfast is served in our Kingfisher Bar & Bistro until 10.30am Monday to Sunday.
- Residents enjoy complimentary access to our Leisure Centre.
- Complimentary internet access is available throughout the hotel including guest bedrooms.
- Babysitting is available on request.
- There is ample free parking for all of our guests.
Wondering how to get the most from your holiday?! We have got you covered with this list of activities completely unique to the beautiful Rosscarbery. Enjoy!
Top 10 family friendly things to do in & around Rosscarbery
1. Visit the 11th century Drombeg Stone Circle. Locally known as 'Druid's Altar', this site was used for ceremonies. The circle is orientated so that the main axis of the is aligned north - east/ south - west so that the sun setting on the evening of the Winter solstice shines directly on to the axial stone. A site stepped in history, it also boasts a fulacht fiadh and ruins of oval huts made from standing stones. A must see when in West Cork!
2. Take a stroll to the Warren Beach. The Warren is a sheltered sandy beach, backed by sand dunes with views as far as Galley Head. It is a designated Natural Heritage Area and has great facilities including a car park and toilet facilities. This beach is lifeguarded during the bathing season and further information can be found on the notice boards located at the beach.
3. Spend the afternoon at the Lagoon Activity Centre where you can go kayaking, paddle boating, stand up paddle boarding or windsurfing. Great fun for all the family! For opening times please click HERE.
4. If you are looking for an adventure there is no better place than Smuggler's Cove where Mummy & Daddy can relax with coffee and the kid's can play a round of adventure golf or have hours of fun in the maze! There is even a golf range with allweather bays and two outdoor grass areas. All residents receive 10% off. For opening times please click HERE.
5. Find the fairy houses in Rineen Woods! Bring the little ones to see the magical fairy houses hiding in roots of trees & tree trunks! When the special fairy song is sung all of the fairies will come out to meet you!
6. Midnight kayaking in Lough Hyne where you can 'paddle through the stars'... One of the most magical and popular kayaking experiences, a moonlight / starlight paddle starts one hour before darkness. At certain times of year, the astonishing bio-luminescence is visible. This is a light emitted by marine life, which, from the paddler’s point of view, causes the water to light up around your paddle in 1,000 tiny lights. For more information click HERE.
7. Have you ever seen or petted an Alpacha? Well now is your chance! Take the heritage trail walk in Drimoleague & see these amazing fluffy Alpacas at their home at the Waterfall Farm. There is free parking & free entry for everyone. It is only 1km long and perfect for young children.
8. Explore Cape Clear Island where the infamous Cléire Goats, an eco-friendly farm near Cape Clear Heritage Center, church, and island walking trails make their very own goats cheese & delicious ice - cream! For information on boat trips to Cape Clear click HERE.
9. Become Princes & Princess for the day at the stunning 15th century Castlefreke in Rathbarry. The perfect spot for a picnic this castle is ideally located between its own wooded estate and Long Strand Beach.
10. Or if you just want to relax in the Celtic Ross Hotel there are plenty activities this Easter Midterm Break: Kid's Club daily ( crafts, cake decorating, science experiments, movie nights & lots of new friends!) The Easter Bunny will be giving out delicious chocolate eggs on Easter Sunday. And join in on West Cork's biggest Easter Egg Hunt at Smuggler's Cove on Easter Sunday!
Take a look at our Special Offers online or if you would prefer to talk to a member of our Team please call Reservations +353 (0)23 8848722 or email email@example.com